Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Design my next cover - update

Wow. In less than 72 hours, no less than 8 of you have sent in cover designs for my third book. I am amazed, and grateful for the response.

Since many of you have emailed, asking Qs and clarifications, let me answer in this public forum.

What is the size of the book?
Same as previous books - the standard book size. Don't worry about that, we'll take care of it later. The more important thing is the concept.

What am I looking for?
I have left it open, so as not to hamper creativity. But my preference is for a bold and bright design where title is clearly visible from a distance. As the subject matter of the book is inspirational and motivational the colours and graphics used should convey that mood as well.

Can I use photographs?
Yes, but only if you own the copyright for those photos. Otherwise we will have to go and acquire that as well. My first preference though is for a graphic element.

Does it have to look the same as previous books?
No, but some element of continuity with the look already created would be nice. How you create that is for you to decide!

Will you really close the contest early?
I know I said that but it's not fair - I take back those words! Because it seems like some of you have sent the work in a terrible rush. You can take your time, mull over it. The last date for submission is Oct 25th.

Are you stuck on white and red?
No. In fact white and red is not an option. At best you can use background colour as white if you wish.

Hope the above clarifications help. Look forward to more 'I Have a Dream' cover designs at mail@rashmibansal.in.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rashmi,

    You may want to check the comments here http://www.sramanamitra.com/2010/10/08/building-indias-amazon-flipkart-ceo-sachin-bansal-part-5/#idc-container

    read the comments by the blog owner. some of them are retro-edited by the blog owner after they appeared ... some of the disparaging (again written by the blog owner herself) ones may even be removed after criticism mounted. and some critical (i mean critical of the blog owner) ones are also deleted.

    not that it makes any difference ... just to bring some bitching to your attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get the best cover for your 3rd book. I need somethnig diffferent this time as the first 2 books had the same design..

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Youth Curry - Insight on Indian Youth