Thursday, January 17, 2013

Follow Every Rainbow - my 5th book!

Happy to share with you news of my new book on women entrepreneurs, which releases on the 8th of March, 2013. Here is a sneak peek of the cover (even before it goes up on flipkart :)

The title 'Follow Every Rainbow' is inspired by one of my all-time favourite songs, from 'The Sound of Music'.

Climb every mountain,
Ford every stream,
Follow every rainbow,
'Till you find your dream.

A dream that will need
All the love you can give,
Every day of your life
For as long as you live.


I chose this title because I think it describes the way women look at their lives and careers. We don't want to climb *every* mountain. Just because it's there.

We need to see that rainbow over the horizon. To pursue a dream with beauty and hope and inspiration. And not just power, status, money or 'success' - at any cost.

Incidentally, the cover of 'Follow Every Rainbow' is designed by the talented Amrit Vatsa, who also designed 'Stay Hungry Stay Foolish' and 'Connect the Dots'.

Deciding what colour to use for the cover was a challenge. We didn't want a girly pink but neither did we want stark white. I think the 'deep purple' we finally chose is a beautiful, royal colour. Quite like the women entrepreneurs themselves.

I also like the motif of the 'rainbow' foot. It's symbolic of moving ahead, taking a step in the direction you want your life to go. (I might even do some t-shirts to give away!)

For all those of you who ping me or mail me asking when I will update the blog, the answer is - very soon. Writing a book is work. Writing two books a year is a LOT of work. By the way, I plan to write three!

So I have to be disciplined. There are days when I just want to quickly write a blog but restrain myself. Because it will take at least an hour (or more) of my time. I tell myself to focus, focus, focus. And it works.

I work from an office (borrowed from a friend). I often switch off my cellphone. I don't keep facebook or twitter 'always on'. Just check in once or twice a day.

But now the book is pretty much done. And I will have time and freedom.

Here's wishing you a wonderful 2013 and that we connect through this space regularly once again.

Disqus for Youth Curry - Insight on Indian Youth